So today, Emmy decided that she wanted to be like her Papa Gomez . . . we were at our play group this morning and she stubbled off of the swing set and went head first into the stucco wall. In doing so, she managed to cut open her forehead. This is Emmy's first injury with blood! I was able to stay pretty calm considering there was blood coming from her head and we were able to clean it up. Then I had the opportunity to take Emmy to her first visit at urgent care. Yeah! Well fortunately she did not need stiches, but they did put some steri-strips on to make sure it healed correctly. She did really well at the doctors and didn't even cry. I was pleasently surprised since I thought it was going to take at least 3 people to hold her down while they looked at it. She's doing great and is happy to tell everyone that she hit a wall and went bonk! Check out the big bandage that she has to leave on for 5 days!




2 comments:
Poor little girl. I can still remember everything when my daughter had her first blood accident. My son threw a car and her head and I ran in the room to her screaming and blood all over the place. It was hard to be calm, but after giving her a bath (because I couldn't see where the blood was coming from exactly and I had stopped the bleeding) it was a very small cut. It sure caused a lot of blood for her and fear for me! I'm glad your daughter is okay.
Ouch! So glad she is okay!
Post a Comment