Monday, August 25, 2008

A bump on the noggin!

So, last night at my parents house Emmy was throwing a little bit of a fit because I would let her Papa give her the whole piece of bubble gum. As she stormed out of the room she must have tripped on the rug and went head first right into the the door jam. I heard a big "THUMP" and then a terrible scream! I picked her up thinking that she was just overreacting since she was already mad at me, but then I saw it. A quarter sized huge bump! The swelling was horrible. We put ice on it, which she didn't like at all, and it did go down. Then we did all the normal precautions with a head injury and she was playing again soon. It is going to be one nasty looking bruise!

4 comments:

Suzann said...

I know how you feel Amanda, especially with your first child, it's so scary when they hit their head. That's one of my most feared sounds as a mom. But, I've had to get used to it, and not panic, because no matter what I do, it happens ALL the time. I hope Emmy feels better. We missed her yesterday!

Elisha said...

Ouch. That looks good. ;) I always remember if it is not caved in then they are okay, well unless they show other symptoms. hehe hope she is doing better.

Liz said...

Not to hijack your blog post, but I figured I would post now that Liz has shown me your post on our blog.
It looks like you guys are doing great. Congratualtions on Emmy. I was just thinking about all of us the other day. We just got a wedding announcement for Ruth Bodily's wedding, and it had me remembering all the fun we had, and also the three consecutive terms you put into Council...what fun. Gret to hear from you. I would keep writing, but you probabl know everything about me on my blog...maybe a littl too much. Life is great for us, we love our three little ones, love to travel, and love being witho ur family, as you could probably tell. Take care. Great to hear from you.

Ben Whitehorn.

ditndetes said...

Oh that's so sad. I just feel so bad when my kids hit their heads like that. And it always seems to happen right before pictures.