Thursday, November 27, 2008

Alone time in Bisbee!

Shaun and I took a much needed little vacation and headed to Bisbee Arizona. It's a cute little old west town about an hour and a half south of Tucson. The hotel we stayed in is 104 years old! It's all wood and really cute, oh and by the way, it's HAUNTED! Bisbee was known for the copper mines that closed in 1975. We were able to go on a tour of one of the old copper mines, and I don't know how people work like that. Made me grateful for everything I have that uses copper! :) The highlight of our trip was a ghost tour that we took. It's amazing how many stories of ghosts that there are. I must admit that I did have a little trouble sleeping that night after all the stores and knowing that our room was close to one of them! Fortunately we did not encounter any ghosts! It was asweome to spend some time alone and celebrate Shaun's birthday! There's a new ghost tour in Tucson . . . anyone interested in going???
All dressed up for our tour of the Copper Mine
The Copper Queen Hotel, opened in 1902

2 comments:

laura said...

That sounds so fun! I would love to stay in that hotel!!

ditndetes said...

We went there for our first anniversary! It's such a great little town and we LOVED everything there!