Friday, February 27, 2009

Am I Crazy???


Am I crazy or just the coolest Aunt in the whole world? My niece is a HUGE Jonas Brother's fan and with the movie coming out this weekend I thought it would be fun to take her to the MIDNIGHT showing (the opening show) last night. So I took three 13 year old girls to the Jonas Brother's 3D Concert Experience.

Let me just say that I think I'm crazy for a couple of reasons, 1. ticket prices were almost double that of a regular movie on opening night, 2. Opening showings of movies are ALWAYS crazy! and 3. What is a 30+ year old woman doing at a Jonas Brothers movie at midnight (who isn't the mother of one of the kids there)!

So, we plan on going, I buy the tickets and the girls tell me they want to go at 9:30 so they can get in line and make sure they get a good seat! That's 2 1/2 hours before the movie starts! Oh, well, I'm being the cool aunt remember!


Thankfully my good deed was rewarded! There were only about 75 people in the theatre. Granted most of them were screaming little girls, but it wasn't as crazy as I imagined it would be. It was like being at a JB concert in a small venue. The 3D was pretty cool and I actually jumped a couple of times. I was surprised that some of the "mom's" were crazier about the JB than most of the kids. How do you get like that?? One parent even brought a group of girls wearing tiara's in a Limo. Really? A Limo for a movie? I was just hoping that it was one of the girls' birthday or something . . . Overall it was entertaining, educational and fun evening. I hope that either I'm that cool when Emmy gets bigger or that Allison will return the favor! When I got into bed at 2:30 am I thought, I am crazy!

4 comments:

ditndetes said...

Good heavens... anyone ever tell you that you two could be twins!!! And you are the COOLEST Aunt!!!

Marci said...

You are the craziest,coolest aunt! We went to a concert a couple of years ago and the JB's were playing there. We were like, who are the Jonas Brothers?? The number of small children there was crazy to say the least!

Suzann said...

Ahhh you're such a good Aunt!

Elisha said...

yes u are crazy. hehe But a great aunt!!