This weekend we went camping for the first time with Emmy. Shaun has been wanting to take her for a while now, but I keep telling him she's too little. Our ward had a camp out on Mt. Lemon at Camp Zion so we decided to try it. To my surprise she did really well! She had a lot of fun and really enjoyed being in the outdoors. She loved the tent and called it her "camping". We had a really good time and look forward to doing it more . . . but not until next summer because it was COLD!
This was the view from our campsite. It was so beautiful at night! A little sad though because you can still see a lot of damage from the fire a few years back.
Emmy relaxing in a hammock. She did fall out of it and ended up with a little scratch on her head!
Emmy and Daddy roasting marshmallow's . . . YUMMY!
Emmy helping clean up the campsite. See how helpful she is sweeping the dirt!
I took this picture from the car as we were driving home. I was surprised at how green and pretty the mountain was. Who says Arizona's not green! :)



4 comments:
looks fun, sorry I missed it. hehe
I was sad we couldn't go. Looks like fun. I love the cheese story!
The older I get the more I appreciate a good night of rest at home in my bed. I haven't said much about camping to the boys, but it looks like you guys had a lot of fun and maybe I should give it a shot! Next year.
Post a Comment