Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Emmy's Getting Bigger!

Well it finally happened. . . I was dreading it, but it's done. We took the crib railing off of Emmy's bed. Yes she is 2 1/2, but she hadn't tried to crawl out of her crib until last week. When I told Shaun about it, he decided that she was too old to be in the crib still. So, when he got home from work on Friday the front railing came off. I have to admit that I was really kind of bummed about the whole thing because I enjoyed the freedom of having her "stuck" in her bed. I was dreading the thought of her coming out whenever she wanted. I was thinking about struggling with her at nap time to get her to stay in bed and take a nap and just didn't want to deal with it! But alas, I had no choice. I must also add that when her Daddy took off the railing she cried saying, "my crib, don't take my crib away" and wanted us to put it back on! I almost had Shaun talked into putting it back, but he wasn't having it. It was time for her to grow up. To my surprise since it came off on Friday she has not gotten out of her bed! She will still even call me to come and get her when she wants to wake up! I couldn't believe it. She is such a strong willed little girl that I was sure she would take advantage of her freedom. It's actually been a little bit easier to get her to go to nap and sleep because she can do it herself. I don't know if it's because it hasn't clicked that she can get out or if she just likes to yell. Maybe she's just a really obedient kid (yeah right!). Now she tells me that she needs her bed because she's getting bigger. Although, last night she did ask me if she could have her crib back. I hope this post doesn't jinx the luck that we have enjoyed thus far! Maybe now it's time to redo her room decor!

1 comments:

LuCinda said...

You should be so thankful, Spenser would climb out at about a year nothing was going to keep her in that thing. We would find her hours later making messes. All the while we would think she was sound asleep. She was smart and never made a peep. She knew what she was doing was naughty. That little rascal.